Saturday, June 30, 2012

American Pride

In the spirit of Fourth Of July...
 I wanted to share with everyone a way to wear our countries 'colors' 
without feeling like a American flag. 

First off, if you are going to wear red and blue.. don't wear white. 

Secondly add in a non patriotic color. Today - I chose brown :)


Sleeveless Blouse: $5 at Curio
I got it for free because I had store credit! Woohoo! 

Navy Skirt: $4 at Goodwill 
Also used here

Belt: $1 at Valley Care Thrift Store
I use this belt ALL the time. It's like the perfect 'grab and go' waist belt!

Shoes: $45 (originally $100) TJ Maxx
also worn herehere and here

I love this outfit because although it is a bold red and blue, I can wear it without feeling ridiculous. Because lets be honest.. only Katy Perry can pull of a actual american flag outfit.


4 comments:

  1. Really cute outfit! Love the idea of adding a different color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great look! perfectly patriotic without going over the top! xoxo linds {{www.rubygirlblog.com}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree that one can be patriotic without wearing red, white and blue! I love that you picked another color as an accessory. Really beautiful outfit.

    octoberchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute look! actually just pinned it on the new fashion & faith pinboard. check it out! http://pinterest.com/lindseyherzog/fashion-faith-bloggers/ xoxo linds {{www.rubygirlblog.com}}

    ReplyDelete

Leave Comments Here!